Scott Marlow Webster Member
- Insurance and Corporate Defense
- Insurance Law and Insurance Coverage
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation
- Administrative Law
- Healthcare, Energy, and other Commercial Transactions
- Probate Administration, Settlement, and Litigation
- Healthcare, Energy, and other Commercial Litigation
- State Bar of Georgia, January 1996
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, June 1996
- State Bar of Kentucky, October 1996.
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, January 1997
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, January 1997
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia, J.D., 1995
- Trial Techniques Program
- Federalist Society, Vice President
- Prisoners Legal Assistance Program
- Admissions Ambassador
- Student Representative, Faculty Hiring Committee
- Transylvania University, Lexington, Kentucky, B.A., Philosophy, 1992
- Minor: Music
- Laurel County Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Federalist Society
- Director and Volunteer, Come-Unity Cooperative Care, a nonprofit organization helping low-income families with basic needs, www.come-unity.org
- Chair of Board of Directors, St. Joseph-London Hospital Foundation
- Vice Chair and Director, London-Laurel County Chamber of Commerce
- Former Director, Kentucky Child Now!, Frankfort, Kentucky
- Former Director/Secretary, London-Laurel County YMCA, London, Kentucky
- Former Director, TLC House Child Advocacy Center, London, Kentucky
- Former Mentor, Laurel County Child Resource Center (for troubled youth)
- Former Member, Fraternal Order of Police
- Vice President, Federalist Society, Emory University School of Law, 1994
- Greek Spirit Award, Transylvania University, 1992
- LSAT score in 90th percentile (National), 1991
Other professional experience
- January 1999 to December 2002
- Knox County Attorney’s Office, Barbourville, Kentucky
- Assistant County Attorney. Prosecuted misdemeanor criminal charges from filing through trial; represented Commonwealth at felony preliminary hearings and guardianship hearings.
- July 2000
- Bush-Cheney 2000 Presidential Campaign
- December 1996 to May 1998
- Farmer, Kelley, Brown & Williams, London, Kentucky Associate. Worked as associate in insurance defense firm, practicing in over 30 state courts and in several fields; provided substantial appellate representation and briefs in federal and state courts.
- August 1996 to November 1996
- Dole-Kemp 1996, Kentucky Campaign, Lexington, Kentucky Communications Director. Prepared press releases and advisories; coordinated state media activity for Presidential campaign; fielded policy questions from Kentucky voters.
- August 1995 to August 1996
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit London, Kentucky and Cincinnati, Ohio Law Clerk to Judge Eugene E. Siler, Jr. Prepared bench memoranda and drafted opinions regarding many, diverse areas of law.
- August 1994 to December 1994
- Southeastern Legal Foundation, Atlanta, Georgia Clinical intern. Performed research and prepared legal memoranda and briefs for public interest law firm which advocates limited government, individual economic freedom, and the free enterprise system.
- May 1993 to July 1993
- Supreme Court of Kentucky, Frankfort, Kentucky Internship with Justice Dan Jack Combs. Researched and prepared memoranda regarding many, diverse areas of state and federal law.